The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 36 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 36 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5132 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5132 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7288 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7288 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5152 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7288 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7288 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5152 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

jeplus.org forums
Looking for jEPlus+EA example with costs - Printable Version

+- jeplus.org forums (http://jeplus.org/mybb)
+-- Forum: Building simulation tools (http://jeplus.org/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: jEPlus+EA (http://jeplus.org/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Looking for jEPlus+EA example with costs (/showthread.php?tid=71)

Looking for jEPlus+EA example with costs - Susanneb - 02-24-2015

Hi everybody,

I would like to include a simple cost analysis into my parametric model. That means using cost as one of my objectives in the optimizination.
Are there any example files available for jEPlus+EA that include cost effectiveness?

Would be great if you could share your experience with me?

Thanks a lot. Smile

Susanne

RE: Looking for jEPlus+EA example with costs - ivank - 02-25-2015

Hi Susanne,

I replied to you on Unmethours forum. Just in case you search for an answer here first, I'm repeating my comment here as well.

You can specify costs in E+ by following examples mentioned in Jason's comment. However, to use them in the jEPlus+EA as an objective you'll need to extract them from SQL. jEPlus+EA objectives can be defined in rvx (or rvi) file. Structure of the rvx file can be found here. You can see that you can apply mathematical operations when defining objectives. I assume you need a total cost which means you'll sum up individual cost outputs (extracted from sql) in objectives formula field.

Cheers,
Ivan

p.s. Jason's comment:

There are some examples just covering the EnergyPlus side that are included with the EnergyPlus installation. In the ExampleFiles subdirectory where EnergyPlus is installed are two files that cover different aspects of cost effectiveness. The first 5ZoneCostEst.idf shows how the ComponentCost:LineItem, ComponentCost:Reference, and ComponentCost:Adjustment objects work. These objects can be used to come up with first cost estimates for building components. You still need to provide values but the costs can be expressed as on a per area, per item, per output capacity, per volume, etc.. basis. This allows changes to the building model to be captured as changes in the first costs. For operating and lifecycle costs, the 5ZoneEconomicTariffAndLifeCycleCosts.idf file in the same directory is a good example. It shows how to use the UtilityCost objects to describe a variety of tariffs as well as using the LIfeCycleCost objects to describe other recurring and nonrecurring costs.

RE: Looking for jEPlus+EA example with costs - Susanneb - 02-26-2015

Thanks again, Invan,

Ohhh - I was not aware that JEPLUS Forum and unmethours are the same people;-) I see, the community if very small:-D

I had a look to energyplus examples and I've worked with SQL extraction. So, I think I can manage. I'll try it today. If I have any problem I will post again;-)

Cheers,
Susanne

RE: Looking for jEPlus+EA example with costs - ivank - 02-26-2015

Hi Susanne,

well, jEPlus forum and Unmethours are not exactly the same people, however, you are right; community is small so the most of us are regularly checking (and use) various forums, groups (yahoo, linkedin) and mailing lists.

Cheers,
Ivan