The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 36 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 36 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5132 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5132 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7288 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7288 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5152 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7288 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7288 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5152 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

jeplus.org forums
collect data from eplustbl.htm (Solved) - Printable Version

+- jeplus.org forums (http://jeplus.org/mybb)
+-- Forum: Building simulation tools (http://jeplus.org/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: jEPlus (http://jeplus.org/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: collect data from eplustbl.htm (Solved) (/showthread.php?tid=64)

collect data from eplustbl.htm (Solved) - Susanneb - 02-08-2015

I was wondering if I can somehow collect data from the Energyplus Standard Summary Resports (e.g. Adaptive Comfort Summary) in eplustbl.htm and collect this data in a CSV File using RVI o similar?

[Image: 2015-02-08_1634.png]

I am not a programmer, so, please, if you could explain in detail the solution for this issue. Thanks alot.

RE: collect data from eplustbl.htm - ivank - 02-08-2015

Hi Sussane,

In general you can extract everything from the html report by using sql query. You have to output results to sql database (by using Output:SQLite, SimpleAndTabular; object) and than specify sql query in rvi (or rvx) file. The video tutorial can be found here

However, if you particularly need CEN 15251 outputs, you can use already existing EnergyPlus output variables:

Output:Variable,*,Zone Thermal Comfort CEN 15251 Adaptive Model Category I Status,Annual;
Output:Variable,*,Zone Thermal Comfort CEN 15251 Adaptive Model Category II Status,Annual;
Output:Variable,*,Zone Thermal Comfort CEN 15251 Adaptive Model Category III Status,Annual;

If you only need CEN 15251 outputs for one (or few) of your zones than you replace * with a zone name (e.g. PEOPLE BLOCK2:ROOM EAST)

Cheers,
Ivan

RE: collect data from eplustbl.htm - Susanneb - 02-09-2015

Hi Ivan,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
I did not know that this variable gives also ANNUAL values. How do I put it then in the rvi in order to be collected from all runs?
Up to now, I thought I can only put meters there. But maybe I am wrong.

Cheers,
Susanne

RE: collect data from eplustbl.htm - ivank - 02-09-2015

Hi Susanne,

You can put both meters and variables in the rvi. For example if you have following variable objects defined in the idf file:

Code:
Output:Variable,*,Zone Thermal Comfort CEN 15251 Adaptive Model Category I Status,Annual;
Output:Variable,*,Zone Thermal Comfort CEN 15251 Adaptive Model Category II Status,Annual;
Output:Variable,*,Zone Thermal Comfort CEN 15251 Adaptive Model Category III Status,Annual;

the rvi file should be:

Code:
eplusout.eso
eplusout.csv
Zone Thermal Comfort CEN 15251 Adaptive Model Category I Status
Zone Thermal Comfort CEN 15251 Adaptive Model Category II Status
Zone Thermal Comfort CEN 15251 Adaptive Model Category III Status

Cheers,
Ivan

RE: collect data from eplustbl.htm - Susanneb - 02-10-2015

Mhhh, I implemented what you said (for Zone Thermal Comfort CEN 15251 Adaptive Model Category II Status) and do not get the annual discomfort hours.
Actually, it gives me the hourly values of Zone Thermal Comfort CEN 15251 Adaptive Model Category II Status and a value for the runperiod that is a real number between 0 and -1. Cannot understand what this number means?

I thought it (Output:Variable,*,Zone Thermal Comfort CEN 15251 Adaptive Model Category II Status,AnnualWink will give me the total number of hours of comforts of discomfort similiar to what is printed in the Adaptive Comfort Summary.

Do you have any idea about how to get these numbers?

RE: collect data from eplustbl.htm - ivank - 02-10-2015

Hi Sussane,

It was my mistake. The CEN output variable averages the status rather than counting hours outside the standards' limits.

I am afraid you'll have to use sql query to extract data you need. To extract highlighted data from your example the rvi file needs an sqllite object which should look like in the example below.

Code:
eplusout.eso
eplusout.csv

!-sqlite
! Output file name; Column headers; SQL command
BLOCK2ROOMEAST CENCatII; CEN15251 Category II Acceptability Limits; SELECT Value FROM TabularDataWithStrings WHERE ColumnName = 'CEN15251 Category II Acceptability Limits' AND RowName = 'PEOPLE BLOCK2:ROOMEAST'
!-end sqlite

RE: collect data from eplustbl.htm - Susanneb - 02-10-2015

It seams that...
Code:
gives an average value of the Status over the year. But not the total number of hours outside comfort limits.

From the E+ Documentation I learned that about
Zone Thermal Comfort CEN 15251 Adaptive Model Category II Status
This field is to report whether the operative temperature falls into the Category II (80% acceptability) limits of the adaptive comfort in the European Standard EN15251-2007. A value of 1 means within (inclusive) the limits, a value of 0 means outside the limits, and a value of -1 means not applicable.

So, I think, it is better to extract values fo discomfort hours from the Adaptive Comfort Summary in SQL file. I am trying to insert SQLite code and was wondering if there is a way to insert several column into one csv. If so, how should be the coding?

I used this coding and the first value gets overriden by the second.
Code:
!-sqlite
Discomfort_CEN15251_CategoryII; RoomEast [Hours]; SELECT Value FROM TabularDataWithStrings WHERE (ReportName="AdaptiveComfortReport" AND ColumnName="CEN15251 Category II Acceptability Limits" AND RowName="PEOPLE BLOCK2:ROOMEAST")
Discomfort_CEN15251_CategoryII; RoomWest [Hours]; SELECT Value FROM TabularDataWithStrings WHERE (ReportName="AdaptiveComfortReport" AND ColumnName="CEN15251 Category II Acceptability Limits" AND RowName="PEOPLE BLOCK2:ROOMWEST")
!-end sqlite

RE: collect data from eplustbl.htm - ivank - 02-11-2015

Hi Sussane,

You need two specify two file names instead of 'Discomfort_CEN15251_CategoryII'; for example 'Discomfort_CEN15251_CategoryII_RoomEast' and 'Discomfort_CEN15251_CategoryII_RoomWest'. I would probably mention 'Cat II' in the column headers as well.

Code:
!-sqlite
RoomEast_Discomfort_CEN15251_CategoryII; RoomEast Cat II [Hours]; SELECT Value FROM TabularDataWithStrings WHERE (ReportName="AdaptiveComfortReport" AND ColumnName="CEN15251 Category II Acceptability Limits" AND RowName="PEOPLE BLOCK2:ROOMEAST")
RoomWest_Discomfort_CEN15251_CategoryII; RoomWest Cat II [Hours]; SELECT Value FROM TabularDataWithStrings WHERE (ReportName="AdaptiveComfortReport" AND ColumnName="CEN15251 Category II Acceptability Limits" AND RowName="PEOPLE BLOCK2:ROOMWEST")
!-end sqlite

You might also want to try rvx file instead of rvi (be careful to use apostrophes instead of quotation marks in sql queries).

Code:
{

"notes" : "Some notes about this RVX",

"sqls" : [
        {
            "tableName" : "RoomEast_Discomfort_CEN15251_CategoryII",
            "columnHeaders" : "RoomEast Cat II [Hours]",
            "sqlcommand" : "SELECT Value FROM TabularDataWithStrings WHERE (ReportName='AdaptiveComfortReport' AND ColumnName='CEN15251 Category II Acceptability Limits' AND RowName='PEOPLE BLOCK2:ROOMEAST')"
        },
        {
            tableName" : "RoomWest_Discomfort_CEN15251_CategoryII",
            "columnHeaders" : "RoomWest Cat II [Hours]",
            "sqlcommand" : "SELECT Value FROM TabularDataWithStrings WHERE (ReportName='AdaptiveComfortReport' AND ColumnName='CEN15251 Category II Acceptability Limits' AND RowName='PEOPLE BLOCK2:ROOMWEST')"
        }
    ]
}

This will give you two separate csv files with RoomEast Cat II data in one and RoomWest Cat II data in another. However, they should be merged in the 'AllCombinedResults.csv' file.

Cheers,
Ivan

RE: collect data from eplustbl.htm - Susanneb - 02-11-2015

This works perfect:-) Thanks a lot, Ivan!