The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 36 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 36 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5132 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5132 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7288 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7288 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5152 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7288 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7288 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5152 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

jeplus.org forums
Weather files - Printable Version

+- jeplus.org forums (http://jeplus.org/mybb)
+-- Forum: Building simulation tools (http://jeplus.org/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: jEPlus (http://jeplus.org/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Weather files (/showthread.php?tid=408)

Weather files - gmavrom - 01-08-2016

Dear jEplus community,

I am trying to run a parametric study of a building for which I have 20 Actual Meteorological Years (AMYs) in weather file form and I will also vary some building parameters in my idf.

What I would like to achieve is have every weather file say 50 times and for each of these times randomly sample all other parameters.

What I want to ensure is that each weather file is selected an equal number of times while the other parameters are treated randomly.

Can I achieve something like that?

Thank you in advance,

George

RE: Weather files - Yi - 01-08-2016

Hi George,

If you do a LHS random sample of 20x50=1,000 jobs, in the results you will probably find 50 cases for each weather file. In theory it should work this way, although I haven't tested it thoroughly. The problem with this approach is that the sets of cases for different weathers are different, which may give you trouble in making comparison.

If you want the sample set for each weather to be identical, you can apparently run the project with each weather file and 50 samples of the other parameters. Change the weather file and repeat it for 20 times, and beware not to change the random seed value. This process does sound tedious, though. The best way may be to use the job list file (see: http://www.jeplus.org/wiki/doku.php?id=docs:manual_1_6_advanced#job_string_and_job_list_file). Do a sample run of the single weather project, first. This will give you a SimJobIndex.csv, which is very similar to a job list file. All you need to do is removing the first row and the first column of the file, I think. You can then copy the list 19 times and change the weather file name each time. In jEPlus, select the run "job list in file" option...

Regards,

Yi

RE: Weather files - gmavrom - 01-11-2016

Dear Yi,

Thank you for your response.

I will test it out with the LHS sampling and I will report back with results so that others can know that too.

I do not mind the fact that the sets of cases for different weather files will be different; that's what I am aiming for actually.

The last solution you suggest, I was thinking as well as a last resort due to its cumbersome nature. However, as I said before, I want a different, random set of sample values for each weather, thus, using the resulting job list file from a first run would not really work.

I think I will resort to just externally writing a job list file, according to the specifications and then feeding it to jEPlus. Smile

Thanks,

George