The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 36 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 36 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5132 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5132 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7288 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7288 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5152 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7288 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7288 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5152 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

jeplus.org forums
"rvx" file and data extraction - Printable Version

+- jeplus.org forums (http://jeplus.org/mybb)
+-- Forum: Building simulation tools (http://jeplus.org/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: jEPlus (http://jeplus.org/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: "rvx" file and data extraction (/showthread.php?tid=23)

"rvx" file and data extraction - Jeffrey Lin - 12-16-2014

Hi All,
I am now using jEplus version 1.5 beta 07 to run a parametric study.
I noticed that in this version, a "rvx" file was introduced to allow for data extraction with more than one rvi files.
My problem is that, it seems that the second rvi file specified in the rvx would not be processed by jEplus.
For example, in my case, I created a rvx based on the example file:
--------
"rvis" : [
{
"fileName" : "ValidNonConv_1019_basic.rvi",
"tableName" : "XiaolinSimResults"
},
{
"fileName" : "ValidNonConv_1019_basic_sslc.rvi",
"tableName" : "XiaolinSimResults_SSLC"
}
],
-----------

After the simulation, I can see data collected in XiaolinSimResults.csv, but I cannot see data in the XiaolinSimResults_SSLC.csv.
But if I check the individual folder of each run, I can see these two files in each individual folder.
I tried to used the "ReadVarsEso" function under the "Utilities" tab with the rvi file "ValidNonConv_1019_basic_sslc.rvi", then I can still get the data.
So I am thinking that maybe jEplus is not able to correectly extract the data defined in the "rvis" part?

Thanks,

Lin

RE: "rvx" file and data extraction - Yi - 12-18-2014

Hi Lin,

If you saw XiaolinSimResults_SSLC.csv files in the individual job folders, it would mean that the second RVI was executed. An error must have occurred when jEPlus trying to aggregate the individual XiaolinSimResults_SSLC.csv files. Someone else has reported that this version has issues with file locking, e.g. you cannot delete the output folder when jEPlus is running. I wonder if it has anything to do with the problem you are experiencing. I would suggest you to try delete the output folder and run your project again. If it still doesn't work, check if any error messages available in the jeplus.err file, or send me your project so I can test it here.

Cheers,

Yi

RE: "rvx" file and data extraction - Jeffrey Lin - 12-19-2014

(12-18-2014, 12:23 AM)Yi Wrote: Hi Lin,

If you saw XiaolinSimResults_SSLC.csv files in the individual job folders, it would mean that the second RVI was executed. An error must have occurred when jEPlus trying to aggregate the individual XiaolinSimResults_SSLC.csv files. Someone else has reported that this version has issues with file locking, e.g. you cannot delete the output folder when jEPlus is running. I wonder if it has anything to do with the problem you are experiencing. I would suggest you to try delete the output folder and run your project again. If it still doesn't work, check if any error messages available in the jeplus.err file, or send me your project so I can test it here.

Cheers,

Yi

Hi Dr.Zhang,
I finally realized it did have something to do with the file locking.I had more than 1000 cases and it needed a while to process the large amount of data. I thought I interrupted the process by trying to delete the folders.

However, I now have another issue. I would like to open another thread but I think maybe it is better to post here since it is about the program itself.
I have a customized version of EnergyPlus 8.1 which is based on the official source code because I want to obtain more outputs from the HVAC systems. I used it for several trial simulations and it was working pretty well.
So I rename this version as "EnergyPlus.exe" and put it under the original EnergyPlus folder. Unfortunately, it seems that jEPlus could not properly call it and I can see the error in the "console.log":

# Command line: E:\ParametricStudy\Output\EP_G-T_0-W_2-P1_1-P2_3-P3_1-P4_2/>C:\EnergyPlusV8-1-0\EnergyPlus.exe
# EnergyPlus returns: -1073741515

If I switch back to the original/official version of "EnergyPlus.exe", then jEPlus works well.
I still have no idea how it happens. I would appreciate if you provide any advice.

Thanks a lot!

Lin

RE: "rvx" file and data extraction - Yi - 12-19-2014

Hi Lin,

My guess is that your own build depends on additional libraries (dlls) that are not in the EnergyPlus folder. Have you tried to run your new EnergyPlus.exe from the command line? If you open a command window, go into one of job folders jEPlus has created (e.g. E:\ParametricStudy\Output\EP_G-T_0-W_2-P1_1-P2_3-P3_1-P4_2/>", and run "C:\EnergyPlusV8-1-0\EnergyPlus.exe", you may see more error messages about why the simulation has failed. You may need to copy the Energy+.idd file into the folder first, if it reports a missing .idd...

Cheers,

Yi

RE: "rvx" file and data extraction - Jeffrey Lin - 12-19-2014

(12-19-2014, 10:59 AM)Yi Wrote: Hi Lin,

My guess is that your own build depends on additional libraries (dlls) that are not in the EnergyPlus folder. Have you tried to run your new EnergyPlus.exe from the command line? If you open a command window, go into one of job folders jEPlus has created (e.g. E:\ParametricStudy\Output\EP_G-T_0-W_2-P1_1-P2_3-P3_1-P4_2/>", and run "C:\EnergyPlusV8-1-0\EnergyPlus.exe", you may see more error messages about why the simulation has failed. You may need to copy the Energy+.idd file into the folder first, if it reports a missing .idd...

Cheers,

Yi

Hi Dr.Zhang,

That is what confuses more me most. I have replaced the official "EnergyPlus.exe" with the customized version. When I select one of the job and run "EnergyPlus" just as you mentioned, it is Ok and it is working. I have attached three snapshots.
In "before_run_by_hand", as you can see, jEPLus failed to run the case and a "console.log" was created.
I tried to run by hand just, as can be found in "run_by_hand". Everything seems fine. The program sent a message at the beginning of the program "CEEE_EnergyPlus" so I am sure it is the modified version.
I can get results, just as shown in the attachment "after_run_by_hand".

The thing is, during my compilation of the modified version of EnergyPlus V8.1, I didn't include extra features such as "DElightManagerF, DElightManagerF,SQLiteFortranRoutines". According to the original EnergyPlus Fortran source code instruction, this should be fine. For some reasons, I could also run the simulation with modeified version in EP-Launch.exe interface but I cannot run it with RunEPlus.bat.  
I wonder whether that will be part of the reasons.

Thanks!

Lin

RE: "rvx" file and data extraction - Yi - 12-20-2014

Something really odd is happening here... Do you want to send me your compiled .exe and the details of the compiler the build options you used? I still think it is the missing dependencies...

Yi

RE: "rvx" file and data extraction - Jeffrey Lin - 12-20-2014

(12-20-2014, 02:50 PM)Yi Wrote: Something really odd is happening here... Do you want to send me your compiled .exe and the details of the compiler the build options you used? I still think it is the missing dependencies...

Yi
Hi Dr.Zhang,
I have sent you an email with the .exe file.

Thanks!

RE: "rvx" file and data extraction - Yi - 12-20-2014

Got it. On my computer it reports the following dlls are missing:
libifcoremd.dll
libmmd.dll
msvcr120.dll
svml_dispmd.dll

You should be able to find them somewhere on your system and copy them to the EnergyPlus folder. It may require more dlls as they may have further dependencies. To find out for yourself, try run it on a computer where the compilers (VS and Intel) are not installed...

The proper solution is to adjust your compiler options so it builds with static libraries only.

Cheers,

Yi