The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 36 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 36 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5132 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5132 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7288 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7288 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5152 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7288 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7288 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5152 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

jeplus.org forums
Combinatorial parameters - Printable Version

+- jeplus.org forums (http://jeplus.org/mybb)
+-- Forum: Building simulation tools (http://jeplus.org/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: jEPlus+EA (http://jeplus.org/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Combinatorial parameters (/showthread.php?tid=22)

Combinatorial parameters - Rose - 12-05-2014

Hi everybody
As you Know,jEPlus+EA recognizes only the first branch of the parameter tree. If Our project needs multiple parameters, We Should use the combinatorial parameter syntax.In order to jEPlus+EA ,I am confused in Using Combinatorial parameters alittle to fill in alternative values in values blank . Since import function creates only a single-branch tree ,Can we use “Import parameter table”, instead of using combinatorial parameter syntax??I mean ,in Edit tab, import the whole the parameter tree from a list of parameter definitions in a CSV ?
If No,I Have These variables:
X(1)=[0:180:360] and X(2)= {City,Suburbs,Urban} and X(3)= {0.1 ,0.2 }
for the search tag is @@x1@@|@@x2@@|@@x3@@| But
How can I fill in values in values blank to make correct Combinatorial parameters please??
All The Bests
Rose

RE: Combinatorial parameters - Yi - 12-06-2014

Hi Rose,

What you intend to do is a bit unclear here... Firstly a "single-branch tree" is just a normal parameter tree. It doesn't mean you cannot have more than one parameter in the list. The "import parameter table" function is a convenience when you have many parameters to create. Instead of adding them one by one in the jEPlus GUI, you can edit them in a text file, which is generally quicker. After importing the text file, the parameter tree will be created for you.

Back to your question, if for example x1=0, x2=Suburbs, and x3=0.2 is a case you want to consider, you just need to create the parameters as usual. The combinatorial parameter shall be used when you only want to consider x1=0 and x2=City, but not x1=0 and x2=Suburbs and so forth. It allows you to specify the exact combinations, instead of letting jEPlus to explore all possible combinations.

Yi

RE: Combinatorial parameters - Rose - 12-06-2014

Hi Dr Yi
Well,Dr Thanks for your guidance.sorry for my unclear question .Dear Dr Yi,In order to Use jEPlus+EA,My exact question was that,can jEPlus+EA find correct result[optimum result] if we import all parameters in a CSV to jEPlus?
From your Respond,I Understood,[Yes,jEPlus+EA can,But we use Combinatorial parameters to explore some possible combinations].Dr,Please correct me,If I'm wrong.
You Know Dr,since in ""Create jEPlus Project for Optimisation"" page manual,You have told:
""jEPlus+EA recognizes only the first branch of the parameter tree.if your project needs to change multiple parameters synchronously, please use the combinatorial parameter syntax""
Thus Dr Yi from this, I thought jEPlus+EA can not find optimum result if we import all parameters in a CSV to jEPlus and we must use Combinatorial parameters.
Any way,Dear Dr,To be honest,I still can not arranged Combinatorial parameters,e.g. My variables [[X(1)=[0:180:360] and X(2)= {City,Suburbs,Urban} and X(3)= {0.1 ,0.2 }]] like your tutorial {1|1|2|2, 1.1|1|1.9|2, 1|0.8|2|1.8 …}!!!
Thanks very much Dr for your time
Rose

RE: Combinatorial parameters - Yi - 12-06-2014

Hi Rose,

I don't think you need combinatorial parameters in your case. Just try arrange your parameters as you know in jEPlus and try if jEPlus+EA works...

Yi

RE: Combinatorial parameters - Rose - 12-07-2014

Dear Dr
Thanks alot.I will try it.Thank you for your fast answer.
Thanks very much for your time
rose